Friday, May 12, 2017

Need to Change Lawyers?

People sometimes ask us “Why is your motto ‘Don’t be a victim twice’”? Well, we know accidents are sometimes unavoidable. But while accidents are unavoidable, choosing the wrong attorney is avoidable. At Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, we feel strongly that you should not be a victim twice by first being involved in an accident and second by choosing the wrong attorney. Don’t be a victim twice. Call 1-800-VICTIM2.

If you’re experiencing problems with your current lawyer, you should consider switching personal injury lawyers. Do any of the following sound familiar?

  • My lawyer doesn’t take my calls
  • My lawyer doesn’t return my calls
  • My lawyer doesn’t return my emails
  • I can never speak with my lawyer
  • My lawyer doesn’t treat me with respect
  • My lawyer was rude to me
  • My case is taking too long
  • My lawyer’s firm is going out of business
  • I am never informed of the progress of my case
  • My case is a low priority for my lawyer
  • My lawyer is too busy for me
  • My lawyer has too many clients to make time for me
  • I am not getting the personalized service I deserve
  • I never spoke to a lawyer
  • I never spoke to a named partner
  • They want me to accept a low offer

If you’re involved in a personal injury case, switching attorneys is a very simple process. You don’t even have to tell your old firm they’re fired because we do it for you. You don’t even need to contact them—we do.

You simply sign a new retainer agreement with your new attorney. You also sign a “Consent to Change Attorney” so the court system can change the attorney of record on your case. Lastly, you sign a “stop work” letter which instructs your prior attorney to stop working on your case and not to contact you. Your new attorney will get your file from your old attorney.

As far as the costs of changing lawyers, it won’t cost you a penny. Whether you have one law firm or ten, they all share the same contingent fee. It doesn’t increase the total attorney fee to be paid. The lawyers will work out an arrangement for splitting the fees.

Remember, don’t be a victim twice. Call 1-800-VICTIM2 or complete the form on this page instead.

The post Need to Change Lawyers? appeared first on NYC Personal Injury Lawyers.



from NYC Personal Injury Lawyers http://ift.tt/2q9Ez48
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment